1.14.2009

Search for a leather jacket

John Varvatos for Converse, $695 at 80spurple.com

I've never owned a leather jacket.
I'm really not a leather jacket kind of girl.

I've also never had that much $$ to drop on something non-essential (as opposed to a winter jacket, those are essential).

BUT... this being a blog and all about the subtle wardrobe, just because I can't buy it doesn't mean I can't post about it.

I am going to try to collect different leather jackets out there in the market.
Let the leather jacket image collection begin!

I feel like I know what I want, it's just a matter of finding it out there.
It's a bit frustrating that I have to just wait until the one I want is designed, manufactured, marketed, and sold. And if there is the off chance that the leather jacket I imagine has materialized, there's a slim chance that it's in my price range for non-essential goods.

Designers control what I wear. wtf.

I love John Varvatos' mens collection, and am happy to see that he's designing for women through converse.

2 comments:

mitsue said...

i'm really not a leather jacket kinda girl either. i mean, what do you do when it starts raining all of a sudden?

Mariko said...

ya, that's true. but a lot of things fall apart in the rain. doesn't mean you shouldn't get 'em.