1.09.2009

Sew, you know?

They say they are going to revamp burda style so that you can post your projects that are in progress. I think they want to mimic Ravelry, which is a site for knitting. The burda people didn't say it outright, but one courageous commenter did.

Knitting takes a lot longer and people finish projects after months, so I can see why posting projects in progress through ravelry was a no brainer.

On the other hand the actual sewing part of sewing projects can be done in a day.

We don't intuitively think about the planning, fabric selection, cutting when we think about sewing. There is so much to prepare for the 2 hours of actual sewing. It took some time for burda to change, but I can't wait until I can post projects that are in progress.

No really, I can't wait, so in the mean time I am going to post some in-progress projects that I project I will make soon enough. My first project is a shirt that I used to wear all the time in the summer. It started to fall apart and a co-worker who knows how to make clothes told me to take the shirt apart and iron the pieces on to a stiff fusible interfacing. voila! pattern for my favorite shirt.


It's true, I had to make a hard decision about killing the shirt I loved for the prospect of creating others just like it. It made me wonder what love really is. haha.

ANYWAYS,

<---------here is my in progress shirt.
And here is the shirt I killed. -------->
This is the best picture I could find considering I didn't have this blog when I tore it apart and didn't know I'd need a before picture and an after one.

It looks simple, but in it, I didn't feel simple and what more can you ask for from a shirt.

wait, what are we talking about now?

No comments: