1.16.2009

work in-progress


I have been making some progress with my sewing project. I think that a shirt in-progress sometimes looks a lot nicer than the actual shirt. You've got contrasting basting stitches, the rough edges and the possibility of perfection in something not yet complete. It'll probably be a while before I finish this project because things will start to get busy for me. Perhaps if there is a cold weekend in the near future where I can't do anything but sew. Until then, above is my work in progress.


I cut the seam allowance 1/4" because that is how the shirt was sewn. It's the first time I'm working with such a small amount of wiggle room. I usually have 1/2" or even 1". The seams are raw so I put some finishing tape to hide my open seams. I hope it won't itch later. I guess we'll see.

No comments: